Your first assignment is to set up the two accounts required for this course and post an introductory blog post to the collective course blog (NOT a personal blog) following the prompt below. This is due by Sunday January 26th at 11pm.
I. Create accounts for WordPress and Twitter.
- These can be accounts you already have, or you can create unique accounts just for this class.
- You do not have to use your legal name for any of these accounts (and you are encouraged not to)
II. Email me your user name for WordPress (even if you have taken my courses before)
III. In your post
- List your username for Twitter
2. In 300 words (minimum) tell us:
- what interests you about the class?
- what do you hope to get out of it?
- anything else you want us to know.
3. In the course of those 300 words, you are also expected to learn to use some basic wordpress features:
- Hyperlink text to an external website (don’t just copy/paste a URL).
- Embed (don’t link) a YouTube video.
- Embed an image.
These must be integrated into the post, not simply placed at the end. Instructions for how to do each are on this page or you can easily search for advice online.
5. Properly cite the link, YouTube video, and image at the end of your post using APA style.
6. Change the category of your post to: intro post.
IV. Post a link to your post on Twitter using the course hashtag.
V. Post your favorite TV show to the course hashtag (or why you do not watch TV)
All of these are things you are required to do during the course of the semester, so learn them now and practice in a low stakes assignment.
You will only receive full credit for this assignment if you complete all requirements. This is worth 2% of your final grade.